silviana amethyst, PhD
visualizing & computational mathematician
Because I get trans-related hatemail, I do not list my contact info here any more.
- If you are my student, find my email address on Canvas.
- If you need to get in contact with me regarding an academic or professional matter, please write to my department chair, Abra Brisbin, at email@example.com to ask for my email address.
- If you're looking for me as President of HRPNA, please visit randallparkec.org.
I have thoughts about whether I should just post my info. It's complicated. Sorry it's hard to get ahold of me.
- co-teaching two sections of DS710, Programming for Data Science
- teaching one section of Calculus 1
- teaching one section of D150, Procedural Programming in Python
- leading two undergraduate research projects, one on Conda for Bertini 2, and the other on two issues in printing algebraic surfaces
A typical week
This image of a schedule includes only regular commitments. My schedule is generally full. For an appointment with me, please email me, and I'll reply with a link to my scheduling system. Thanks!
- If you are curious about who I am as a human being beyond a computational mathematician or professor, read about me.
- Check out my most recent recorded talk, Skeletons of Algebraic Curves, given at Philips Exeter Academy in October 2023.
- I invite you to peruse my galleries of 3d printed algebraic surfaces.
- Please check out my work blog.
- Read some of my preprints and presentations.
- Enjoy this 3d anaglyph video of a decomposition of the Barth Sextic. We made a whole playlist of them!
- Find me on Github.
- Discover my designs on Thingiverse.
- Read my CV or my resume.
My current leadership activities
- an at-large faculty senator at University Senate at UWEC
- Vice president of my union local, American Federation of Teachers #6481, United Faculty and Academic Staff of UW Eau Claire
- President of the Historic Randall Park Neighborhood Association
- a member of the Caregiving Taskforce
- a member of the Queer and Trans Action Committee
(last updated January 2023) (this list is not exhaustive)
- Applied machine learning
- Numerical algebraic geometry
- Parallel programming
- C++, Python, R, Matlab, OpenSCAD
- 3D printing
- Real algebraic geometry and tropical geometry
Thanks for visiting!