There are only a few steps to install the code offered above. Briefly, they are
- Download and unpack the compressed folder to some memorable location. Let this location be $(P).
- Add $(P) to the path in Matlab. There is no need to add subfolders, as those are for the Matlab classes I wrote.
- Download and install Bertini. There's a pre-compiled executable available, or you can compile from source.
- INSIDE MATLAB, add Bertini's location to the path. This is NOT done via the regular path dialog box, but rather in some way similar to the one shown here.
- Test that you can run !bertini from within Matlab, without specifying a path. If not, goto 4.
- Download an md5 hasher for matlab, so you can call md5(file). I recommend one here. Ensure that md5 is on the path.
You should be good to go. I have prepared some brief running advice, and i have some worked examples, too.
If you have trouble, comments, or criticism, please write Daniel Brake, danielthebrake [at] gmail.com